Friday, April 9, 2010

24 Hours to Show Time


I'm slowly getting jitters! It's almost surreal that my first show is tomorrow morning. Right now I'm enjoying my final "me" hours in front of a nice warm fire in the newly renovated contemporary "spa/wifi" lobby at the Downtown Marriott in Boise. I'm lounging in my freshly painted skin looking out at the beautiful courtyard with a waterfall and the sweet smell of Starbucks filling my hunger pains. I've been facebooking listening to Ella Fitzgerald with no interruptions from my beautiful children, asking for every snack known to man - LOVE my kids but, sometimes we mom's feel "guilty" for taking "me" time. And right now I'm going to indulge! Because I also know starting at 6:00 a.m. Monday I will go right back to working harder then ever on my kids projects and much needed book work for my husbands business.


To top all of this off the Women's University of Hawaii Softball team is staying at my hotel - I needed that extra "Girl Power" estrogen!! LOL , nothing gets me more fired up seeing other women athletes compete! It makes you feel invincible! Like you can conquer anything!


This has been such an AMAZING journey! I've learned so many things about life, myself, who I want to be, who I want my children to be and other great lessons. If I could recommend one thing to another woman it would be to challenge yourself. I'm talking about something as time consuming and out of their comfort level as this has been for me. That way you get the full benefits of a true challenge; the pain, suffering, emotional battle, physical & mental challenge.

If you get a moment I would love others to post a challenge they have thought about doing. Sometimes saying it out loud pushes us into doing it. I know that is where I started my commitment to this new journey!

Wish me Luck!

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking a lot lately of my goals and what I want to accomplish in my life. You are so amazing and such an inspiration to me. I've always wanted to run a marathon and so I'm posting for all to see that I will do it! Thanks so much for being such a wonderful example to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess!! That's SOOO exciting!! I will keep in touch!! You will rock at that!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.