Thursday, April 7, 2011
Just Thinking....
Most of you might know that I am in training for my second season of Fitness Figure Shows. My show is April 29th in Boise and I'm really excited for it. It's been difficult and challenging this year with a whole new set of trials. So many that it's just too exhausting to put down. Today, I woke up late and didn't make it to the gym this morning. Which just means double duty this afternoon for "make-up" time. I tried to enjoy the extra sleep but just woke up to unfinished work, i.e. taxes and oh the fact that my kids are on spring break. Okay, can we just clarify one thing; Spring Break is NOT a BREAK! It's a reality check as to why my kids are NOT home schooled. *wink, wink* Anyway, after receiving numerous phone calls, texts, emails on an empty stomach along with my children practicing football running drills in my upstairs hallway I was EXHAUSTED! Filled with tears of regrets and thoughts of "What in the hell were you thinking when you signed up for this AGAIN?" Feeling defeated, feeling like I just trained for 9 weeks with numerous vacations, long work weeks, Holidays, kids birthdays, supportive cheers for my husband with work and so forth I still feel selfish for the amount of hours I put into the gym each day. I'll be the first to admit that spending my 3 hours/day at the gym is my "hideaway." I just plug those magical earbuds into my ears and focus. It's just me, my thoughts and heavy weights. I can see why women get addicted to running. If you keep running you don't have to face the "real world." So, in my thoughts of despair while debating work with my husband (I'm his online marketing department) over email/cell phone I get a FB message from out of the blue! To my surprise it was one of the nicest emails I have had in a long time. It was the spoon full of sugar that I needed to get me through this day, this journey. It read: Georgia- "I just learned from "R" that you're a body-builder. Holy Cow! You are amazing! Good luck with your upcoming show. I wish I could be there and that would be so cool! Also, I've just go to tell you that when I joined KD you had already married and moved on, but we had a communications class together with "LJ." I can't even remember which one it was, but anyway..."L" introduced us and you were so very kind to me. Thank you!! I remember thinking that you were incredibly gorgeous and was so impressed with how freindly and sincere you were. I was expecting you to be a snob! :) I'm sure you don't remember that, but I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciated you being so nice to me in that class :)" "J" I didn't post this entry for pitty party reasons. Or to say I'm all those wonderful things "J" said (she was little to generous) *smiling* I posted it to prove a point that sometimes, just a nice "note" or compliment goes a long way. Even if you don't know the person or maybe it's been a long time. I should also mention that I had also 2 girlfriends who I speak to on a daily basis that told me to not be so hard on myself, thanks ladies ~ everyday seems to go much smoother with you two. So, with that being said, I am going to finish my work, feed my kids lunch, pump some iron and go swimming with my kids! Have a wonderful day! Thank you for all of your "Good Lucks" and compliments I really do feel like I've got a great support team even if it's via the internet :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well, This email that you received isn't surprising to those of us that you have been the exact same way to. For as long as I have known you, you have been a Beautiful person inside and out. Keep it up, your Karma is good :D
ReplyDeleteTerry
Thanks Terry! Love you tons! Karma is good :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet note. And it is so true, sometimes the littlest gesture of kindness can make the biggest impact in your day. You are truly my inspiration and you are so amazing in so many ways. Good luck with everything!! :)
ReplyDeleteI just looked at the pics! You're a stunner!
ReplyDeleteMiss ya!
Tasha